Monday, May 18, 2015

And so it begins (again)

I have tried to be sugar free. Last year I watched the documentary Fed Up and was spurred on by this to give up sugar. I lasted 10 days in September 2014. It was remarkably easy and I felt great the entire time. It ended when I went out for an amazing Italian dinner (where, of course, I had tiramisu) followed by a drunken night out.

From there I couldn't quite go two days without sugar - or even staying within the recommended daily consumption of 6 teaspoons (25 grams).

Now, 7 months later, spurred on by seeing That Sugar Film last weekend - I am preparing myself to live sugar free for one month. I plan to use this week to research, plan and organise.

Goals:
  • Be sugar free for one month (25 May - 25 June)
  • Create some healthy habits - walking twice a week
  • Ideally I'd like to lose weight - however the real end goal for me is sticking to something for one mont (minimum) and fingers crossed I gain the clarity and energy that so many 'i quit sugar people' claim to get.

Rules/guidelines:
  • No added sugar (white sugar, corn syrup, brown sugar, maple syrup, agave)
  • No added artificial sweeteners (Equal, Splenda, Nutrasweet, etc.)
  • Eat fruit with low fructose 
  • Drink 2L if water a day
  • Eat balanced and nutritious meals


No comments:

Post a Comment