Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Day 12

Good lord, I've made it through 12 days. WOOOOOHOOOOO. It almost seems silly to celebrate 12 days, but it really is an effort not to cave in and have that afternoon coke zero or the 3pm chocolate bar from the vending machine or even the free cupcakes and chocolate chip cookies provided in working meeting.

Food is so intrinsically woven into our culture. It comforts us, its a reward, a treat. I always make cake or some other baked good when going to visit someone or to cheer people up. I love baking and I love how food can make people feel. For me being able to get through this month and still be able to bake and provide delicious things for people using no sugar or dextrose is going to be an interesting task.

I have found a number of amazing recipes online, including a pretty yummy looking recipe for sugar free carrot, oat and raisin cookies. I plan on making these, along with some sugar free bliss balls tomorrow night, so I have an additional snack options.

This weekend coming will be the first foray into dextrose baking!

What I ate today:
Breakfast
Porridge with mixed berries, long black

Snacks
4 x smallish carrots, banana

Lunch
Spinach, quinoa, green bean, slivered almonds, baby beetroot and sheep feta salad

Afternoon tea
Banana, apple

Dinner
Chicken thigh, broccoli salad and 2 x small corn flour tortillas


No comments:

Post a Comment