Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Headache hell


I used to suffer regular, severe and debilitating headaches. I wouldn't be able to concentrate due to the pain and constant nausea, so would end up dosing myself up on codeine and retreating back to bed. These headaches would leave me drained and fatigued so I would be wiped out for at least two, sometimes three days.

Somewhere along the track they stopped being so regular. In face I couldn't even tell you when my last 'full on need to lie down for a while throbbing killer headache' was. 

That is until this last week.

Two weekends in a row I have had headaches so bad I have been of no use to anyone and fallen asleep on the couch. It's messed with motivation and left me exhausted the following day. I am REALLY hopeful that these have just been anomalies as my body is adjusting to not having sugar - mixed with a few hormones.

One of my goals when starting this journey was to squeeze in some regular exercise... this has yet to happen but I think some stretching (yoga) and walking would help with the brain pain.

Goal for week - yoga session and at least one 30minute walk (and to remain sugar free!)

No comments:

Post a Comment