Wednesday, June 17, 2015

"It's just a fad"

fad
fad/
noun
  1. an intense and widely shared enthusiasm for something, especially one that is short-lived; a craze.
    "some regard green politics as no more than the latest fad"

I had a friend say to me last week that giving up sugar 'is just a fad'. She then went on to relate to some educational campaign from the 80's (I think) about how eating eggs was bad for you (no more than one a week apparently) and now people are encouraged to eat two or more day.

I don't really remember the egg thing but her flippant remark gave me cause to stop and think about what I am doing and why. If the 'stop sugar craze' is just an obsession, on trend, a whim, the latest trend.

I really don't think it is a fad. I think that every single person that stops eating sugar, reads and watches everything they can on the subject will not go back to their crazed sugar ways. It would be too difficult.

I personally know that I will definitely eat a tasty mallowpuff again or have a dessert out at a restaurant. But I also know that will be a treat. I won't be devouring whole packets like I used to. I also know that after eating these treats, I am not going to feel that great. 

So 26 days in. I am back to blogging after feeling a little disheartened and unsure of my next steps. A little bit of sugar crept into my diet (not much but unable to quantify as I am not 100% sure), which I could feel in my body and mood.

Tomorrow I have lunch at Wagamama so I need to research which meals don't have sugar!


UPDATED: Super impressed the Wagamama have an allergies document. 





No comments:

Post a Comment