Friday, June 26, 2015

The sugar creeps

I stopped blogging there for a little while. I stopped writing down everything I was eating.

I didn't fall off the wagon though! This no sugar journey began on the 22 May. That was 5 weeks ago, 35 days ago. My goal was to be #sugarfree for one month.

My goals were:
  • Be sugar free for one month (25 May - 25 June)
  • Create some healthy habits - walking twice a week
  • Ideally I'd like to lose weight - however the real end goal for me is sticking to something for one month (minimum) and fingers crossed I gain the clarity and energy that so many 'i quit sugar people' claim to get.

Exercise didn’t really happen during this month. There were a couple of big walks, and I did try to walk whenever I could – but not a lot of purposeful exercising.

Have I lost weight? Yes, maybe. My scales weren’t that great to begin with but I would say 1-2kgs probably. The biggest change is that I don’t feel bloated. I have ‘leaned down’ a bit. My face looks thinner. I feel a little better but I definitely don’t have more energy – though that could have a lot to do with having later nights.



However sugar has now begun to creep back into my diet.

Throughout the month there have been minuscule amounts of sugar (bacon, the XXX cake, oyster sauce) but this week I have had 3 squares of Whittaker's 50% dark chocolate, 1 homemade afghan, 1/2 a glass of juice, apricot ‘frooze Balls’.

The afghan and juice was last night, and this morning I've had an upset tummy and I've felt really sluggish all day, almost like a hangover.

I feel really ‘aware’ of my body and its reaction to certain foods, which I think is amazing.

So, what's next?
  1. get some exercise into my life 
  2. continue on a low/no sugar diet 



No comments:

Post a Comment