Thursday, June 4, 2015

Day 13 (and alcohol)

I've been wrestling with being sugar free and REALLY wanting to drink a beer. I've had the odd vodka and one glass of wine over the last 13 days but it really wasn't cutting it. I was craving hoppy, malty, bubbly beer!

Last night I found this article on the I quit Sugar website which says:

Beer: Doesn’t contain fructose. The sugar in beer and stout is maltose which we can metabolise fine.

Whoop! I'll drink to that. It also goes on to say that a beer is equivalent to a sausage roll. But hey, I'm eating pretty well anyways.

So I convinced the lovely Andrew to pick up up a couple of cans from local brewery, Garage Project. Verdict - just what the doctor ordered. Craving is sated. I really enjoyed the Pils 'n' thrills, and will definitely buy again. Also, super cute can designs.

What I've eaten today:
Breakfast
Porridge with mixed berries, Long black

Morning tea
6x water crackers with taramasalata
3 carrots

Lunch
Spinach, broccoli, sheep feta, cashews, quinoa, beetroot salad
Banana

Snacks
Banana
Apple

Dinner
Chicken stirfry

Just shy of 2L of water
1 x mandarin

(Urghhh I only had one coffee today! Explains the lack of energy and dim headache I've had this afternoon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment